Alexandria, Virginia 22308
Rev. William C. Teng, Pastor
Rev. Holly Davis, Assoc. Pastor,
We strive to be a Spirit inspired, mission-minded community of Christians; a bedrock for the faithful in an uncertain world and a safe pasture for all of God's lambs. Celebrating the heritage of our historic setting and our faith as servants of Christ, we worship, teach, enjoy fellowship, practice stewardship, and reach out to our Mount Vernon community and the world.
This former Portuguese colony, along the southeast coast of Africa, is definitely a special country in God’s sight. The sixteen years of civil war along with repeated floods, droughts and cyclones have contributed to widespread poverty. A high incidence of HIV/AIDS has left many ill and orphaned. Yet, in spite of all these struggles, Mozambique is moving forward politically and economically. The amazing success is due, in large, to the stable government that has been in place since the civil war ended. Interestingly, many of these government leaders were educated in the missionary schools of Mozambique.
Additionally, the Christian church in Mozambique is growing. Suffering has created a spiritual hunger resulting in churches being planted, but there is a great need for better trained leaders for these churches. Christian agencies have been encouraged by the government to develop programs to help support community development projects. These projects not only give aid that is needed, but it allows more people to be reached with the gospel.
Prayer Calendar: September
- Sign-up for the Operation World daily prayer email. [NOTE: Choose the Prayer Calendar rather than the 60-Day Challenge email if you want to align with this list.]
Country links below are to brief Prayercast videos, when available.
- Sun 7 - Mozambique
- Mon 8 - Mozambique
- Tue 9 - Myanmar
- Wed 10 - Myanmar
- Thu 11 - Namibia, Nauru
- Fri 12 - Nepal
- Sat 13 - Nepal
- Sun 14 - Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles
- Join the Pastors' Grow Group - Monday evenings at 7:00 in the church library
People Get Ready
There's a train a coming...
- Pray for the Nations started in July. Check our Homepage each week for a new video about a different nation.
- Read through the whole Bible starting in September Download the Reading Plan now!
- Start or Join a Grow Group forming now!
- FIND OUT MORE! Read the July/August Horizons!
- Christian Education for all ages. Pre-K through Adult classes at 9:45 a.m.
- Sunday: 11:00 a.m. - Traditional Worship Service
- Every 2nd Sunday - Hope & Healing Service at 4:00 p.m.
- Youth Group - 5:00 p.m. (usually at the church, but please check the bulletin for location)
Heritage Presbyterian Church in Alexandria, Virginia welcomes all who are in search of a meaningful connection to God and fellow pilgrims in the faith. Our door is always open to anyone in need of God's touch in their lives. At Heritage, you can expect vibrant, Christ-centered worship and fellowship that give the joy, peace and confidence that only the Lord can provide (John 4:23-24; Hebrews 10:24-25).
How's your spiritual diet these days? Many of us are starving and don't even know it. Heritage can help by leading you to a scriptural feast. As disciples of Jesus, we focus on biblically-based sermons and Christian education for all ages, equipping ourselves to face life's challenges. We aim to reflect and learn together to build up the body of Christ, and grow toward spiritual maturity (Ephesians 4:12-13).
God provides all of us with special gifts. Empowered by the Holy Spirit, we can use these gifts to help others and bring them closer to God through Jesus Christ. At Heritage, we are committed to sharing the good news of Jesus Christ and supporting mission at the local, national and international levels. Together with God's help, we can accomplish great things and affect many lives (Romans 10:14-15).
We hope that you will explore this site to better understand our faith and our activities. Planning to visit us? We look forward to meeting you!